Phoenix, AZ Green Card Lawyer
Book A Free Consultation
Do you currently have temporary residence in the United States, but wish to make it permanent? Without lawful, permanent residence in the U.S. – otherwise known as a “green card” – there are many opportunities that you are not able to take advantage of. If your current status does not allow you to gain employment, you would be granted that access with a green card. You would also be able to explore educational opportunities, have more flexibility with international travel, and be on the pathway to citizenship, if that is your goal.
Unfortunately, the American immigration system is extremely complicated and requires a fair amount of time spent on paperwork that must be submitted by strict deadlines. Any mistakes could lead to your green card application being rejected. This is why it is especially helpful to work with a Phoenix green card lawyer who knows the system and can help you achieve your goals with as little hassle as possible! Call the Ortega Law Group, LLC to schedule your free consultation and learn more.
Green Card Categories
There are several types of green cards a person can obtain. Our Phoenix green card lawyer can help you determine which type you are eligible to apply for. Some possibilities might be:
Family-Based Green Cards
To obtain a family-based green card, you must have a family member who is a United States citizen (or permanent resident in some cases) agree to sponsor you. They will need to complete the form I-130, as well as submit their green card, naturalization certification, or birth certificate if they were born in the U.S. There are 5 categories of family preference, starting at the highest preference:
- F1: unmarried, adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens who are over the age of 21
- F2A: spouses and unmarried children of permanent residents who are under the age of 21
- F2B: unmarried adult sons and daughters of permanent residents
- F3: married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens of any age
- F4: brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens
Employment-Based Green Cards
There are 5 categories of green cards that one can obtain for the purpose of securing employment in the United States, and some require you to have certain labor certifications. They are:
- EB 1: people with an extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, or athletics; or are outstanding professors or researchers
- EB 2: people who hold advanced degrees in, or have exceptional ability in, the arts, sciences, or businesses and are active members of that profession; you will need to obtain a national interest waiver to be eligible for this category of green card
- EB 3: professionals, skilled and other workers; labor certification is required
- EB 4: “special immigrants” such as religious workers, employees of U.S. foreign service posts, and others
- EB 5: business investors who invest in certain commercial enterprises
Refugee or Asylum-Based Green Cards
If you have been living in the United States for one year or more because you were granted refugee or asylum status, you would be eligible to apply for a green card. In addition to the 1-year period of living in the U.S., you would need to continue meeting the definition of a asylee (meaning you face persecution in your home country for any number of reasons), not be firmly settled in any other country, and be admissible for an asylum green card.
Our Phoenix Green Card Lawyer Is Committed To Making Your American Dream Come True
Don’t risk your green card goals by trying to navigate the complex U.S. immigration process alone! Our lead attorney, Isaac Ortega, is fluent in both Spanish and Portuguese, and offers affordable rates that won’t break the bank. He has helped countless clients achieve their own immigration goals and can help you, too. Don’t wait – call today!
Book A Free Consultation
Phoenix, AZ Practice Areas
Isaac Ortega was very friendly to speak with over the phone about my I-129F fiancé visa questions! He was helpful and had personal experience with the process that was good to know. I highly recommend working with him if you have the chance!
Great law office. It went beyond my expectations. Isaac is very attentive to every detail, very thorough. He takes his time to explain things and walks you through the whole process with honesty. He was very prompt in getting back to my calls and emails. He was patient to answer all my questions and made everything go super smooth. Thank you for the great service. I highly recommend him.
Ortega Law Group
Why Choose Us?
Hundreds Of Success Stories
Law Enforcement Background